Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Dinner

No, we did not opt out for one of the more expensive buffets here in Las Vegas.  In fact, we hit one of our favorite haunts - Sunset Station.  While the Station casinos are not expensive, they have good food at excellent prices.  Here is a picture of a the people standing with us in line waiting to get into the buffet.


 Before dinner, we took a quick trip to one of my favorite places in the U.S. - Bass Pro Shops.  If you haven't tried their clothes, they are very good quality, they last quite a while, and are reasonably priced for what one gets.  And yes, I did spend a couple of hundred dollars in there tonight.  By the way, for all of my retired and active duty military friends following this blog, Bass Pro also gives a 10% military discount.

Yesterday I became extremely disgusted with the Nellis, AFB famcamp wifi system.  They boosted their prices about a year and half ago so they could put in this new, fantastic, wifi system that doesn't work worth a darn.  Can't figure out why they can't get some sort of quality control on these systems.  I have written them up for the last 18 months and never received a single piece of feedback.  To end this long winded complaint, I went out to Target and purchased a T-mobile, mobile hotspot.  Here in Las Vegas it works like a champ.  I also received a 30 return policy from Target, so if it doesn't work I can return it.

Why T-mobile???  Because I can get 9GB of data for $50.00 per month and all the rest of the providers (AT&T, Verizon, etc) are almost half that amount of data for the same price.  Also, this is a pay-as-you-go system, so I don't have to pay for service while the coach is stored.  One other plus is that once the high speed data is used up, you can continue to use the system albeit on a much slower speed (thus - unlimited data usage if you can deal with the speed hit).  And one final plus is that there are no penalties for using more data than you pay for (as it is unlimited data, even though it could be much slower).

No comments:

Post a Comment